Go to the profile of  Marianne Beltran
Marianne Beltran
3 min read

Shiba Inu (SHIB) is now on Coinhako

Coinhako Singapore users can now buy Shiba Inu (SHIB) instantly with Singapore Dollars (SGD), United States Dollars (USD), debit and credit card, as well as GrabPay.

Shiba Inu (SHIB) is now on Coinhako

What is Shiba Inu (SHIB)?

Shiba Inu (SHIB) was created anonymously in August 2020 by its creator known pseudonymously as “Ryoshi.”

The dog-themed cryptocurrency is fronted by a Shiba Inu, a Japanese hunting dog breed — the same breed that inspired Dogecoin.

Shiba Inu breed as Mascot to SHIB and DOGE

Self-proclaimed as the “Dogecoin Killer”, the Shiba Inu token, SHIB, gained traction and rapidly ascended in popularity in 2021, winning it a spot among the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market cap in November 2021 — just a little over a year after its launch.

The community-driven token swiftly garnered a global fanbase, occupying many of the headlines in the second half of 2021 and tweets from popular personalities.


The SHIBA INU 22-page-long “WoofPaper” laid out three reasons why their team created SHIB:

  1. “We started from zero, with zero.”
  2. “The brilliant minds behind Shib had never collaborated before.”
  3. “We love Shiba Inu Dogs.”

SHIB is an ERC-20 token based on the Ethereum blockchain. It started with a supply of 1 quadrillion tokens before half of the tokens were locked up in a decentralized finance protocol Uniswap, and the other half was sent to Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin.

Buterin burned 90% of the SHIB tokens in his wallet before donating the remaining 10% of his holdings to India’s COVID-19 relief fund set up by Polygon founder Sandeep Nailwal, marking the largest cryptocurrency donation in history.

Its DEX, ShibaSwap, was launched in July 2021 which helps to further improve liquidity and allows for staking of their coins to earn passive income.

What’s New with Shiba Inu (SHIB) on Coinhako?

1. Trade SHIB directly with Singapore Dollars (SGD) 🇸🇬

With SHIB/SGD trading pairs available on Coinhako, our Singapore users will be able to buy & sell SHIB in Singapore Dollars (SGD) when they fund their accounts with SGD.

📈 View SHIB Token price in SGD now

2. Trade SHIB directly with Vietnamese Dong Trading (VNDT) 🇻🇳

With SHIB/VND trading pairs available on Coinhako, our Vietnam users will be able to buy & sell SHIB when they fund their accounts with VND.

3. Trade SHIB directly with US Dollars (USD) 🇺🇸

The SHIB/USD trading pair SHIB prices against the United States Dollar (USD), and our Singapore users will be able to buy & sell SHIB when they fund their accounts with USD.

4. SHIB swaps (Crypto-to-crypto trading)

Coinhako users will also be able to trade SHIB with other cryptocurrencies that are supported in their countries, with our Swap function.

5. Get the latest SHIB price news on Coinhako 🚨

As with every other supported token on Coinhako, we endeavour to update our users on key news about each project through our various channels.

The Coinhako platform also features a News Feed section where you will be able to receive all the latest updates on SHIB, alongside on the other top crypto projects, like uniswap, polkadot, band protocol.

6. SHIB wallet for all

With the wallet feature, Coinhako users can securely send (withdraw), receive (deposit), and store SHIB.

7. Buy SHIB instantly with debit and credit card

Beat the deposit queue and buy SHIB instantly when you pay by card.

8. Buy SHIB instantly with GrabPay

Connect your GrabPay wallet and fund your SHIB trades instantly.


📩 Sign-up to Subscribe to our mailing list to have them delivered straight to your inbox!

👉Join our Telegram community

🤔If you have any enquiries, you may contact us here or you can visit our Information Page.

Coinhako is available in these countries!

🚀 Buy Bitcoin at Coinhako Singapore

🚀 Mua Bitcoin Coinhako Vietnam

Copyright © Coinhako 2021 All Rights Reserved. Read more on our terms of use of this blog.

All opinions expressed here by Coinhako.com are intended for educational purposes, taken from the research and experiences of the writers of the platform, and should not be taken as investment or financial advice.